Monday, November 16, 2009

Cool

Cool seems to be a phrase we hear very to often in society.We use it to describe things,people,events,ourselves and much much more. But what does it really mean ? To me cool seems to be a essence someone has just something in the way they present themselves something in the way they our. Its hard to explain , I think cool has so many forms and levels to it.I think a person can be cool on the surface but shallow and hollow on the inside. Just as well we can see someone we view not to be cool on the outside who has a gifted personalty on the inside, and to me that's cool.I think its first interesting to understand that the idea of cool falls in that same category of beauty because its truly based on each individuals personal viewpoint."You tomato I say tomato" concept. Ive found that in my own life I think i stick around for the most part with that status qua of cool. But I also know that I don't feel or think I'm cool, I think that I'm just something in between.I want lie and say that I don't try to be cool sometimes or fall in that constant conformity of coolness. But I also think sometimes its those small differences in everyone that makes up their so called "coolness".

I wonder tho why do we care so much about being cool? is it because were scared of falling in that social gap of nothing.I think so, we tend to be as a society so afraid of being alone that we our constantly taking that next step to be part of something.We our willing to sacrifice who we our for being "cool" because we know it will bring us a certain group of friends,girlfriends, and things.But I wonder how much can one man lose before he sees that he sacrificed so much of himself that he doesn't know who he really is?I thinks theirs a very thin balance between staying cool and staying authentic. Some might say hi shouldn't we stay just authentic ,I say no, I think we should always stay real, but sometimes its just smart to play cool as well, for example when you like a girl I think you should always be yourself but it helps to throw Little coolness in the mix.

Cool is such a powerful word.We have seen it have the power to make both movements and divisions, happiness and sadness, love and pain.Cool will never leave it like so many other things has been installed in our minds,we all live to be cool in someway.But sometimes Ive found that when many find this coolness their displeased because its never just how they imagined.So maybe before we seek coolness and acceptance from the outside we must find it in the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment