Friday, June 4, 2010

From watching the film and my own experience I didn't feel any culture really have a better "way to parent", I feel hat each culture raised their child based on their society, in fact I think it be very culturally insensitive to judge . I think it be hard for anyone born in a "modern" style society to claim their way is right or even better than anyone else, were all different, we all have instinct difference as Andy has said time and time again , its for us to accept those difference. And I feel the movie clearly try's to put out the concept that no matter which "way is better" the end goal is the same slowly but surely raise functioning human beings, which is also a universal trait among parents. We can see this at the end of the movie , when all the babies have finally learned how to crawl and walk around , their first step into discovering the big blue world.

In this we see that at the end of the day it didn't matter what technique they used because the end result was the same the babies accomplish the goal . So I think the main thing to learn from this is the only way to fail is to not do anything at all, inactivity in the direct enemy to progress. Tho I feel it be a bit naive not to take some techniques to become a more successful parent in helping you child achieve goals. For example Japanese parents took their children to play in groups , this allows the child to learn how interact and play with others , creating a more social adequate child. I think this in one example of how incorporating different techniques from varying culture's can make for a better well rounded child.

No comments:

Post a Comment